[kw-pm] Results - Free Adv. Perl Contest

Eric - fishbot eric at uc.org
Fri Jul 29 19:20:53 PDT 2005

Congratulations to Elbie, for winning the copy of Advanced Perl
Programming, Second Edition by Simon Cozens.  Thanks to O'Reilly
for mailing me an extra copy for no discernable reason.

Elbie correctly stated that this solution fails for all input
that is not 7-bit clean ASCII.  Accented characters fail (not
true for the perl capitalisation built-ins) and multi-byte
characters fail very badly.

Daniel pointed out the other error triggering conditions: the
code mishandles alphabetics following punctuation and newlines.
Daniel doesn't get a book, because he already has one.  I'll buy
him a beer instead.

If anyone can find any other distinct bugs in the code, I will
buy them two beers, since those are the only two I can think of.

Great to see everyone last night.  Have a great long weekend.

fishbot
:wq