[kw-pm] TPR at upcoming meeting

Eric - fishbot eric at uc.org
Tue Jan 18 11:32:49 PST 2005

Looking forward to seeing everyone this Thursday.  Just a couple
of notes and questions:

 - Yesterday I received a number (6) of copies of The Perl
   Review in the mail.  So, I have my copy, and I will place
   one in the kwpm library (which is roughly equivalent to
   Daniel).  That leaves several to distribute.  I am
   tempted to ask for something like your favourite
   commandline switch, or a cool use for statement
   modifiers, but history tells me that I would end up
   carrying most copies back home :(  So, free copy to the
   first 4 people who arrive.

 - I am thinking that in March or April I would try to give
   a talk about Perl 6 Rules and Grammars.  They are
   tremendously powerful, and it is possible that we might
   actually be able to use them in place of tools like
   Parse::RecDescent and lex/yacc well before Perl 6 sees a
   production environment.  Please let me know if there is
   interest in this topic.

Notes for Daniel:

 - Pizza for me, please.  I linked the PizzaList wikipage to
   the meeting, hope that doesn't make your life harder.

 - I'm returning Perl & XML to the lending library.  Can I
   borrow the Alpaca book?

See everyone in a couple days,
Eric