[kw-pm] happy new year

Rick Price rprice at freeshell.org
Mon Jan 10 07:29:13 PST 2005

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005, Eric - fishbot wrote:

> I am going to do my best to bring in code for a code critique
> again.  I think that I have something in mind.  It might be cool
> (speaking geek-loosely) to talk about different ideas for
> creating random colours, as discussed re: the quilt software.

I wonder if purely random colours might not look as nice as complementary
colours chosen randomly. I'm not really up on art theory, but I remember
that colours opposite on the colour wheel are supposed to go together.

Perhaps the initial colour scheme could be chosen randomly, and then
complementary colours could be chosen to match (randomly).

Kind of like the musical 'theme and variations' thing.

Rick

  Big whorls have little whorls,
  Which feed on their velocity;
  And little whorls have lesser whorls,