[kw-pm] happy new year

Eric - fishbot eric at uc.org
Sun Jan 9 18:50:05 PST 2005

I received -a- copy of the new Perl Review, and then an email
from brian a few days later saying that he is sending more, and
that he simply forgot.  I will bring whatever copies (possibly
singular) I have to the upcoming meeting.

I am going to do my best to bring in code for a code critique
again.  I think that I have something in mind.  It might be cool
(speaking geek-loosely) to talk about different ideas for
creating random colours, as discussed re: the quilt software.

At some point in the next few months, I would like to do a
mini-talk on DateTime, which I used recently.  Also, APress has a
book out with Perl 6 concepts illustrated using Perl 5.  If I can
get a copy or a review copy, I will maybe share some of the
highlights.

Happy New Year,
Eric

---- original message : 2005-01-09 10:19am : Daniel R. Allen ----

I hope the holidays treated you all well.  I've been a bit busy this last
week, starting a new job, but I'm looking forward to our 'mongers meeting
next Thursday.

If you've sent me email in the last two weeks and I haven't replied, I
apologize, I will try to do so soon.

News I know about:

* Matt Seargent has landed!  http://use.perl.org/~Matts/journal/22602

He and his spouse are in KW for the next month or two while they look for
a house in the (broader) area.  I've extended an invitation to him to join
us next week.

If you don't know who Matt is: he is the brain behind Axkit, and had a
principal role in creating SpamAssassin.

* The location of our next meeting is up in the air.  I can't book the
Bioinformatics Lab space because they're moving down the hall within
roughly that time-frame, and their stuff will all be in boxes.  However, I
will be able to book some space with a projector at the University,
hopefully on Monday.  I'll post back here when I know where, again,
hopefully tomorrow.

--

So- what other news is there, since the last posts here?  Fishbot- have
you received copies of the latest Perl Review?

-Daniel