[kw-pm] Perlski

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Wed Dec 28 18:49:43 PST 2005

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> So now that Christmas is over and all the gift buying is behind us, any
> takers for this?

I'm in!

> On 16 Dec 2005, at 09:50, Matt Sergeant wrote:
>
> > So given that nobody was drunk last night (this is a very strange group
> > of mongers, but I'll leave that for another night)... I assume we were
> > all vaguely serious about Perlski.

...Us?  Odd?  Nah.

> > So here's the web site for Chicopee: http://skichicopee.com/
> >
> > Basic summary is it's quite pricey - $23 for 2 hours or $28 for 4 (I'm
> > not sure my body can take 4 hours yet!) for the lift pass. Or if you
> > only want to go on the beginner's slopes you can get a $15 lift pass.
>
> > Then rental is $20 for 2 hours or $25 for 4.

My initial thought is to make a Saturday afternoon or evening of it,
though I haven't looked at the chicopee site to see how late they are
open.  I'm game for 4 hours.  ...I think it'll take me at least an hour to
remember how to avoid spearing myself in the foot with the poles.

...Checking the site: they're open till 9:30 mon-Sat (and sunday, but I
don't expect we'll want to do that; makes for a creaky monday workday)

> > Obviously it works out a lot cheaper if you have your own gear. But it
> > *is* fun, and worth the price IMHO (it's cheaper than the UK).
> >
> > I'd suggest we go in the new year, say the first Thursday of the year?

I'm free Thursday the 5th and Saturday the 7th... Maybe we should do a
poll of what dates work for folks?

-Daniel