[kw-pm] How to control Excel...

Robert Pike roberthpike at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 12 09:40:08 PST 2005

... from Perl. When I try using the visible property
of an Excel application in Perl it doesn't display
Excel when running the module from a CGI script in the
browser but when running/testing it from the DOS
prompt it does display it. Is there a way I can
accomplish this task when running the script from the
browser?

Also if I attempt opening a spreadsheet and use Perl
to make changes to the spreadsheet and then try to
save it (all using Perl in the "background") I end up
hearing the bell indicating Excel looking for input
from the user. In most cases it is because the file
already exists and it's probably asking whether the
user wants to overwrite or not. Is there a parameter
to pass to the Save method to always say overwrite?
Thanks again.

Rob