[kw-pm] Perl 6 Watch - Pugs and S29

John Macdonald john at perlwolf.com
Wed Apr 6 12:13:10 PDT 2005

(original was on kw-pm; to.pm added for this reply)

On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 01:34:33PM -0400, Eric - fishbot wrote:

> Pugs project leader Autrijus Tang is planning to attend YAPC::NA
> in Toronto, and possibly hang around afterwards for a Pugs
> hacking session with those interested.  If anyone is interested,
> please let me know... I am considering connecting with this on
> some level, if only in the docs or testing realm.  YAPC is June
> 27-29, 2005 -- so if there are interested people, I could
> envision finding time to convene a Pugs primer hacking session.

The timeslot has moved.

The hack-a-thon will be the "weekend" before the conference
(starting on Thursday June 23, so it's a 4-day impromptu
long weekend).  Details at:

    http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl6.compiler/487

People interested in going should let me know.  (There is a
limited amount of space, so if we're getting too many people
wanting to come, it'll probably be restricted based on which
people are the most important contributors to pugs.)

There may also be a need for drivers to collect people from
Pearson airport and drive them to the hack-a-thon (my cottage,
north of Peterborough).  That will depend upon how widely
scattered the arrival times of the participants happens to be.
(I have a minivan, and another person with a minivan has
volunteered; so probably that is sufficient unless the event
gets maximally loaded.)