[kw-pm] twiki speed issues.

simon-kwpm at uc.org simon-kwpm at uc.org
Thu Jun 24 14:11:50 CDT 2004

The bottleneck turned out to be the code itself. After going through the
functions that DProf highlighted as teh big loosers, I found (among other
things) that each page view was running bewteen 3,000, and 5,000 regexes
against the page to replace %macors% and such, rather than using
something like token parsing -- or better yet, a nice mature module like
HTML::Template, which is already highly optimized for these sorts of
operations.

Maybe Kwiki will perform better.

re,
Simon