[kw-pm] twiki speed issues.

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-pm at benshaw.com
Wed Jun 23 15:20:26 CDT 2004

On Wednesday 23 June 2004 15:45, simon-kwpm at uc.org wrote:
> I have a vanilla twiki running on a Sun Enterprise 3000 w/4 250mhz cpu's,
> and 1.5gb of ram, and files are stored on a netapp connected via
> fibrechannel... so in *theory*, it's a fast machine...

Wowza.

> but twiki runs slow as a dog! I've enabled mod_perl, and that sped it up
> by about 10 times, but it's still a real drag. Anyone have any
> optimization tips?

Identify your bottlenecks... running "vmstat 1 > vmstat.out" while everything
is going on can help, use nc to see how much you can realistically push
through your network cable...  see where the bottleneck is.  It's impossible
to try and fix otherwise, especially with a system that is spec'd like what
you have.

Regards,
Andrew