[kw-pm] another intro.

simon-kwpm at uc.org simon-kwpm at uc.org
Tue Jun 22 12:21:12 CDT 2004

Hi, my name is Simon Ditner, I'm new here as well.

I used to live in Waterloo, but moved to Toronto for a more lucrative
job; I suspect that I was -the- cheapest programmer in K/W. I keep
missing to.pm due to schedule conflicts / topics I'm not interested in,
so I'm hoping to make it out to k/w for your talks.

I currently build network management tools, and various web tools in
Sprint Canada's IP network group to entertain myself. I've found myself
in a strange position here. My core work is so simple (maintaining unix
services that don't really crash) that I essentially have nothing to do.

Outside of work, I'm developing a module for rendering Treemaps
(http://orange.uc.org/read/Treemaps). Eric Maki and I made great strides
last year, and I finally released it into CPAN at YAPC::NA after Nat got
all excited about them in #yapc last week.

I'd be happy to do a talk on them, and their applications. Though, I'm
rather terse, so it might be a short talk.

re,
Simon