[kw-pm] wiki

Arguile arguile at lucentstudios.com
Tue Jul 13 17:58:13 CDT 2004

On Fri, 2004-07-02 at 21:02, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>  Podwiki, and uses the access controls to keep the
> unwashed masses out of the proprietary data.  :-)
>
> One wiki at play, www.vexi.org -- Podwiki again but Charlie (one of the main
> developers and probably the very spirit of Vexi) has utilized Podwiki's
> ability to completely change how it looks and has turned it into Vexi's main
> website.  Very cool, very easy to edit and not a bad little CMS.  :-)

Thanks for suggesting PODWiki... I'm not fond of some of the code under
the hood but the extensibility of the formatters is great. Which brings
me to the point of this email. I've created a couple formatter that
basically wrap Text::VimColo(u)r and Syntax::Highlight::Perl::Improved
with a few additions.

        PodWiki::Formatter::Vim uses the vim specified in the
        podwiki.conf to format code block based on the "=begin syntax"
        you pass it. There are two utility scripts and a patch that come
        with it. One script queries vim for supported syntaxes and
        writes it to a cache so the formatter can read it and know what
        tags to export, the other attempts to create CSS stylesheets out
        the vim colours directory. The patch adds an 'intern' page to
        PodWiki so you can perform the utility functions from within
        PodWiki.

        PodWiki::Formatter::Perl (I renamed the other) offers much
        better Perl highlighting than Vim (see
        Syntax::Hightlight::Perl). No need for forking either.

They're not CPAN quality but if anyone wants them, I thought I'd offer.