[kw-pm] wiki etc.

simon-kwpm at uc.org simon-kwpm at uc.org
Tue Jul 6 08:13:06 CDT 2004

I was thinking about something similar the other day in re:
wiki/email/irc; I wish there were better data models surrounding them so
that it would be easily to create new views on the models.

Like:
- search all my communications
- alert me of new communications
   - let me launch another view from there, i.e. browser, or instant
     messenger
- have a logger that just sits there and listens to all the
  communications that pass through, maybe indexing them for later
  searching

So yes, some sort of format for all this data to float around in would be
nice. I don't know that I'd want to ever look at the schema, I'd likely
feel compelled to claw my eyes out afterwards. Maybe encapsulation would
be a better route...