[kw-pm] wiki etc.

lloyd carr dcarr at sdf.lonestar.org
Tue Jul 6 07:07:08 CDT 2004

This is not perl specific, but I see a real problem. Wiki, php-nuke, email
list, website, im, news feed, each seems to fit only part of the problem
of communication. We can automate the translation of one to the others, but
has anyone looked at the messages and the channels themselves. So at kw.pm
we now have a website, a wiki and a mailing list. We have each to serve a
purpose. Some of what is on each should appear on the others. The mail
comes to us, but the other two have to be checked when we think of it. We
could add another channel, news feed? We could automate translation from
one to the others, but what about one point of contact? Perhaps like a
docbook for messages. You create a tagged "message", send it to one point.
You could retrieve it in raw form or it could be degraded to legacy formats as
needed.

Any thoughts?

-Lloyd

dcarr at sdf.lonestar.org