[kw-pm] xml

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Sun Feb 22 10:10:48 CST 2004

...So you mean that communicating application-to-application over the web
is made easier by wrapping things up in another layer of encapsulation
than by parsing the webpage output and submitting standard forms?

Just to play devil's advocate- even if it would be easier to use, my bank
hasn't published an XML-RPC interface so I can do things my own way, and I
bet they never will.  If I want to interact with them, or with most other
websites, I need to either write the parsing tools myself, or find
somebody who's already done it (such as with Mail::Webmail::Yahoo or
WWW::Search).  Who's to say that CPAN authors won't do a better job of it
than the banks and credit-card companies and car-rental companies and
governments (who probably don't even care?)

Just being devil's advocate here. :-)

--
http://coder.com/ - Prescient Code Solutions - (519) 575-3733 da at coder.com