[kw-pm] new member :)

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Sat Feb 21 17:42:28 CST 2004

On Sat, 21 Feb 2004, lloyd carr wrote:

> Strange, I thought I had volunteered?
>
> OHHH you want me to do it publicly ...

Thanks!

> I had mentioned to Daniel that I would be willing to do a talk on "Intro
> to Web Services in Perl" for our swag fest in March. Daniel requested that
> I add acronym soup to the menu, which is easy to do in anything XML ;-)

Apart from the acronyms, web services are published protocols for
applications to talk to each other via the web.  They let your perl
programs talk directly to google and amazon for example.

Why use these instead of WWW::Mechanize or other webpage-parsing
modules?... Good question...

> I am A-list so don't worry, your Warnock has no power over me ...
> but if you have a problem with Warnock check out
>
> http://www.classy.dk/log/archive/000427.html

Er.  Whatever he said.
:-)

-Daniel