[kw-pm] SlimServer and Storable.pm

Steph Smith arakune at thinkers.org
Wed Dec 8 22:36:32 CST 2004

Perl newbie with a question :)

Not even my own code (ha!), but trying to get someone else's working.

I'm trying to run SlimServer (http://www.slimdevices.com) on a
gentoo box (if it matters ;), and have been having a devil of a time
with it. Logging suggests that the problem is with Storable.pm, but
having a fresh install of the latest stable from CPAN, and finding no
mention anywhere online of Storable.pm being buggy, I'm not entirely
convinced its as simple as that.

Then again, what do I know? =P

SlimServer itself is being run from Perl source. Nothing to "install"
per se, just unpack, and call the script.

This is the error:

Corrupted storable file (binary v2.6) at blib/lib/Storable.pm (autosplit
into blib/lib/auto/Storable/_retrieve.al) line 328, at (eval 20) line 65

Perl is 5.8.5
Storable.pm is 2.13 (2.0.7 generated the same error)
SlimServer is 5.4 (5.1.1 generates the same error, for what that's worth)

I've posted to the Slim discussion list, but haven't gotten a reply yet.
Impatient, I ;) So just wondering if anyone on the list had any
experience with SlimServer, or could intuit something meaningful out of
this.

Thanks!

Steph

--