[kw-pm] /pub/social/locale.h

Eric - fishbot eric at uc.org
Fri Dec 3 09:10:33 CST 2004

> One question has anyone thought of trying to find a
> quieter venue than your typical bar? I have nothing
> against beer, but a place like moody blues where Daniel,
> Chris and I first met, with soft jazz in the background
> might be more conducive to conversation.

That's sort of funny.  I have a 'date' at Moody Blues
tonight, and Wednesday night I met people at the Huether.

I don't entirely disagree with you, Lloyd.  But, here is
where I do disagree:

- Moody Blues is a lovely place, perfect for two or three
  people to have a conversation over tea.  But five people
  around her little 20-inch tables would be unpleasantly
  crowded.  There is only one spot capable of holding five
  people comfortably, and if it is taken we would have to
  split up and rotate on a determined schedule.

- The Huether downstairs is -way- quieter than, say,
  FrontRow or even Mongolian Grill.  I was there with three
  other people the other night, and we sat and talked
  comfortably for two or three hours.  The closest occupied
  table was quite far away, and occupied by two women in
  their 60s.

All that said, I certainly take your point.  If anyone knows of a
quieter pub or a larger café, let's discuss further at:
http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?PubSocial

Hope everyone has a great weekend,
Eric