[kw-pm] Perl CGIs, modules and Apache.

Christopher Calzonetti elbie at trig.net
Fri Apr 2 16:02:20 CST 2004

Okay, so I've tried searching through all sorts of places for the
answer for this, and have had no success.  Maybe somebody on this
list knows.

I've got a bunch of perl modules installed in a semi-reasonable
place, considering my setup, namely OSX, using fink.  The modules
in question are in

	/sw/lib/perl5:sw/lib/perl5/darwin

And my environment variable PERL5LIB is set up as such.  So when I run
perl -V, I see all the directories in @INC, as I expect.

However, when under apache, my same perl scripts cannot find these
extra directories.  I fiddled around as best I could, and I wrote
a quick little script to help me check.  PERL5LIB is set properly,
but @INC is nevertheless missing the key directories.

All the solutions on the web all seem to refer to mod_perl solutions.
Not that I can get it working under mod_perl either, but I'd really
like perl under the CGI handler to be able to find the libraries
without having to change all my scripts to add a use lib ... command
or two or three.

Any thoughts?
--
Christopher Calzonetti, Technical Lead, Trig.Net
   Web:  http://www.trig.net/     Mail:  mailto:chris at trig.net