[kw-pm] Off topic - question

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-pm at benshaw.com
Thu Jan 30 07:33:56 CST 2003

>       Find an attorney.  Any time you do work for someone there is an
> implied warranty.  The attorney will be able to discuss your options
> with you, while people on this list will be spouting hearsay and
> superstition.

That is excellent advice.  I have done freelance work in the past and have not
used an attorney, but I was taking a chance (and it happened to pay off for
me) -- If there is any doubt that the people you're working for are the
litigious type or even the type to take a signed specification and stretch it
through "but this is a bug/this isn't what I wanted" (been there, done that),
having the sound advice of someone who does know the law is priceless.  You
will sleep much better knowing exactly where you stand, legally.

Regards,
Andrew