[kw-pm] meatspace locations

Christopher Calzonetti elbie at trig.net
Thu Feb 27 09:01:40 CST 2003

> What's the easy way to find what modules are installed locally?  I thought
> it was 'perldoc perllocal' but that doens't exist and perldoc doesn't seem
> to list perllocal.

I find the most reliable way is actually to use the CPAN module.
Alternatively, you could use ExtUtils::Installed.

Here's a (slightly modified) fragment from a program I wrote:

sub list_modules( $$ )
{
    for my $module ( CPAN::Shell->expand( "Module", "/./" )) {
        next unless $module->inst_file;
        print( $module->id, ": ", $module->inst_version,
               ( $module->uptodate ? '' : " (Newer version " .
                 $module->cpan_version . " available)" ), "\n" );
    }
}

--
Christopher Calzonetti, Technical Lead, Trig.Net
   Web:  http://www.trig.net/     Mail:  mailto:chris at trig.net