[kw-pm] poster, cookbook, foundation

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Fri Apr 11 11:40:53 CDT 2003

1) Lloyd made us a poster. It's at http://kw.pm.org/posters/0403poster.pdf
if you feel like printing a few copies and tacking them in public places.
(Extra points if, like me, you don't usually go out in public...)

2) Nat Torkinton has been working on the 2nd edition of the Perl Cookbook.
In his weblog on use.perl [0], he was just discussing how to read records
from a filehandle where the record seperator is a regular expression.
I've solved this problem for little domains; but as a general problem, it
looks sort of messy.  But WHY hasn't anybody solved it before and put it
in CPAN?  It's one of those itches I would expect somebody would have
scratched already.

3) Nat also mentions that The Perl Foundation is running a (first ever)
survey of how they should spend the Perl community's money in 2003. [1] If
you have donated to the perl (foundation|mongers|monks) in the past, or
even if you haven't, it's worth taking a couple minutes to fill out!

-Daniel

[0] http://use.perl.org/~gnat/journal/11599
[1] http://www.perlfoundation.org/index.cgi?page=survey

--