[kw-pm] tonights talk...

lloyd carr dcarr at SDF.LONESTAR.ORG
Fri Oct 18 04:48:38 CDT 2002

I'm still not "spaced out", but that's not Chris's fault ;-)

I was asked about Perl advocacy, well a few ideas.
1) Take on a community project as a group as a means of raising
the profile of Perl and our group. Daniel did this in a small way
with his attempt to help kwlug.

2) Volunteer to give "introduction to Perl talks" at other
computer groups or clubs, perhaps even high school computer
clubs. There are people out there who would like Perl as much as
we do if they were introduced to it.

3) See if we can offer a Perl course at Conestoga, I don't believe
they have one already. I have taught at Conestoga before and
wouldn't mind co-teaching a course. It is a real joy to teach
something to people that they find really useful :-)

Lloyd