[kw-pm] Social Meeting a success.

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Fri Dec 20 16:16:05 CST 2002

Five of us braved the rain last night and came out to the social meeting
at the Huether Hotel.  As promised, I've put the picture on our website;
see kw.pm.org for the link.

It was a lot of fun; I think we'll do that again some time.

Among lots of other things, we discussed the prospects for group projects.

Lloyd is interested in teaching perl at Conestoga College.

Christopher is trying to get together the oomph to make an open-source
mapquest, which is definitely ambitious.

I am interested in an techie calendar website for the KW area, either
collecting info automatically from other calendars, or requiring people
submit the info.

We also discussed the Two Towers, at length.  Most useless fact I learned:
Raymond said that in one scene of 10,000 troops, apparently one of the
Uruki whips out a cellphone.  There was lots more, but I think you had to
be there.  :-)

-Daniel

--
"Oh look, yet another Christmas TV special! How touching to have the
meaning of Christmas brought to us by cola, fast food, and beer