[KPUG] https redirect

Elizabeth Rosenzweig errosenzweig at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 08:39:30 PDT 2012

I got everything to work eventually.  In order to get step 20 to work:
         *Test by pointing a browser to the IP address you connected SSH to
last; you should get redirected to HTTPS, then asked to approve the
self-signed certificate*
I put an extra bit of code into sites-available/default to get redirection
from http to https.  So now after the *listen 80;* line I have:
*if ( $scheme = "http" ) {
   rewrite ^/(.*)$ https://$host/$1 permanent;
}*
which causes the redirection to https and being asked to approve the
self-signed certificate.