[KPUG] Oddities with VM setup

Jon halfbrown at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 00:05:28 PDT 2012

Griffin,

See the attached for what my Network options looks like. My Adapter(s) 2-4
are grayed out and unclickable, so I can't add anything else.

Jon

From:  Griffin Kelton <griffin.kelton at gmail.com>
Date:  Sunday, September 16, 2012 11:53 PM
To:  Kitsap Perl Users Group <kpug-pm at pm.org>
Subject:  Re: [KPUG] Oddities with VM setup

Jon,

You need to somehow enable eth1 to be your host-only adapter. Otherwise,
like you said, the connection will by default timeout because 192.168.56.2
won't be online. Just to clarify, this is what my disabled network adapters
look like: http://cl.ly/image/3S3a170H1u3C. This is what they look like when
enabled: http://cl.ly/image/1y1f0G3N2I3X. Are you saying that when they are
disabled, you are unable to select the "Enable Network Adapter" check box?

In regards to your ssh client, I used Terminal as well. =)

Griffin Kelton
(919)306.1135
www.griffinkelton.com <http://www.griffinkelton.com>