[Kochi-pm] Activating Kochi-pm.org

Varghese Chacko vchacko at cybersurfers.com
Mon Oct 26 22:54:12 PDT 2009

Dear Mongers,

Hope this mail meets you in good health and spirit. We are quiet
inactive for a while. I think it is high time to make this group active.

An active group means we can post *anything*, yes anything I meant. May
be we can discuss on what all things we can not post in this group like
politics. I don't want to use this group to be strictly 'official'. You
can forward anything including jokes.

Again, now we are only 6. We need to get more people reside/work around
Kochi. Since there is No other groups in nearby cities, you can get Perl
people come in and join.

The major purpose of this group is to:
    1. Make a group of people who talk same language "Perl"
    2. Discuss or clarify on doubts/questions/Advises on any thing
including Perl.
    3. Discuss on anything that is NOT perl, like last day I got a
question on how to wire money to SBI from USA.
    4. Arrange weekly or monthly meetings.
    5. Arrange training/seminars on Perl/related technologies  fir
college students
    6. Maintain a website one Perl Mongers......
    7. Anything else we think appropriate to do....
    8. LAST BUT NOT LEAST, We can talk about job opportunities. But make
sure your boss is not listening. Bosses can get more people interested
:) Also can discuss on other opportunities.

What do you think?

I think I can get some more people to join us, mostly students :)

--
Thanks & Regards
Varghese Chacko

I shall be telling this with a sigh