First Monday of September?

Martin, David MARTINDT at eetcorp.com
Tue Aug 21 14:54:06 CDT 2001

>SAIC does do some Perl stuff.  I should know, because I do some of their
>Perl stuff.  Look in Oak Ridge.  There are quite a few different
>companies doing anything you can imagine.
>
>I'm fine with the first Monday of Sept.   Where?

We need to get some idea of how many people might actually show up.  Last
time I checked there were 34 people on this list, but I am on twice and some
others may also be doing that, so how to know?

I generally favor places like Gatti's or Stefano's (Kingston Pike on
Bearden hill) and we would need to reserve a room. it would be good to have
a backup date in mind, so maybe the following monday if that doesn't work?

How many of you would attend a Perl Mongering on the First Monday of
September (the 2nd) in the evening?
 I would be willing to find a room for us. Most places want some notion of
how many to expect.

#!perl
# if only it were this easy...
open( SUGGEST, "knoxville-pm-list") or warn "Out of ideas?";
foreach(
	"Gatti's on Kingston Pike near Papermill Road",
	"Stefano's on Kingston Pike, sort of near the Gallery Shopping
Center",
	"Borders?",
	<SUGGEST> ) ){
	print $_ if &available( $_ );
}
__END__

If someone else wants to do this part or has a better place in mind, now
would be a good time to <SUGGEST>

> David Martin
> EET Corp
> martindt at eetcorp.com