[Kc] affiliate Not For Profit status of local PM chapter

Kit Peters popefelix at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 13:58:34 PDT 2015

It's not like we need much, unless we want to make a bid for YAPC::NA (does
that move around?) or something.

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 3:42 PM, Mike Dupont <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
> wrote:

> normally there are community foundations in your local area
> (https://www.growyourgiving.org/) that will do a fiscal sponsorship as
> well. I don't know if the lib will accept it but you can try.
>
> On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 4:37 PM, David Nicol <davidnicol at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I doubt KCPM has enough tuits to actually do all that is involved in
> > keeping a proper NFP going. If we can coattail on Yet Another Society,
> > we're good.
> >
> > On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Mike  Dupont
> > <jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:
> >> I have a defunct non for profit kansas corp and you can register in
> >> kansas as a non profit for 80$ do they say they need to be a federal
> >> non profit? maybe a state one is fine.
> >> mike

> >> --
> >> James Michael DuPont
> >> Kansas Linux Fest http://kansaslinuxfest.us
> >> Free/Libre Open Source and Open Knowledge Association of Kansas
> >> http://openkansas.us
> >> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://www.flossk.org
> >> Saving Wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion
> http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com
> >

> > --
> > "If I can quote Alice Walker, 'The biggest way people give up power is
> > by not knowing they have it to start with.' " -- Jill Stein, the most
> > successful female candidate for POTUS to date
>

> --
> James Michael DuPont
> Kansas Linux Fest http://kansaslinuxfest.us
> Free/Libre Open Source and Open Knowledge Association of Kansas
> http://openkansas.us
> Member of Free Libre Open Source Software Kosova http://www.flossk.org
> Saving Wikipedia(tm) articles from deletion
> http://SpeedyDeletion.wikia.com

Kit Peters, W0KEH
GPG public key fingerpint: 1A12 04B6 0C80 306A B292  14FD 2C7A 1037 F666
46A7
Hello to any and all NSA, DEA, or other government or non-government agents
reading this email.  Tell me about your life; I'll tell you about mine.