[Kc] Looking for an experienced DBA

Stephen Clouse stephenclouse at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 10:38:40 PST 2015

Not a Perl job, but I figured targeting this at *schmott* IT guys is a good
idea in general.

I am currently working on a federal contract to NOAA/NWS, and the team I'm
on needs a new DBA. This has been a very fun team to work with, so if you
know anyone looking, pass it on.

Looking for someone with:

   - Extensive knowledge of managing and tuning PostgreSQL (with PostGIS)
   and MySQL in a high-traffic LA[MP]P stack environment (these are systems on
   the backend of weather.gov, among other things)
      - Both DBs are used pretty heavily at the moment, but
      Postgres/PostGIS is going to be much more important going forward
   - Knowledge of MongoDB/NoSQL will also be useful for upcoming projects
   - A current SECRET clearance, or the ability to qualify for one

The contracting firm offers great benefits (health, FSA/HSA, dental,
vision, life, disability, 4% matched 401k), and after 90 days you can work
from home up to 2 days per week.

The job site is in the Northland, near I-29 and Tiffany Springs Parkway (a
couple miles south of KCI).

The official job listing and application is here:

https://careers-aceinfo.icims.com/jobs/2239/database-administrator-iii/job

--
Stephen Clouse <stephenclouse at gmail.com>