[Kc] mad idea

Garrett Goebel garrett.goebel at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 04:30:05 PDT 2013

I think for the goals you listed, the timing would be good for getting
involved in v5 on mvm using 6model effort.

When coding MoarVM, the group working on it switched from APR to libuv. I
don't get the idea that there was anything wrong with APR. But that libuv's
async io wound up being a better fit. 6model is the metaobject layer
(similar to Moose). v5 is the Perl5 grammar a couple people are working on
to run Perl5 on the infrastructure being built for Perl6. The Rakudo Perl
efforts seems to have been picking up steam and adding developers over the
last year. Probably a good time to start hanging out on #perl6.

http://6guts.wordpress.com/