[Kc] Telecommuting Panel for YAPC

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 22:27:12 PST 2013

I worked at plainblack last year -- host of 2012 YAPC -- a telecommute perl
shop. They use skype a lot. I'd be happy to be a telecommuting member of a
telecommuting panel -- that would be intrinsically amusing. Where is this
year's?

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 5:00 PM, Sterling Hanenkamp
<sterling at hanenkamp.com>wrote:

> I'm trying to pull together a panel to discuss telecommuting at YAPC:
> benefits, problems, communication, organization, etc. I've given a talk
> about this a couple of times in the past, but I thought this time I'd see
> if I could pull together 3-5 telecommuters to help provide some
> perspectives on the practice.
>
> Are you a telecommuter? Would you be interested in participating in such a
> discussion panel? Do you know another person who telecommutes, willing and
> able to attend YAPC, and might be interested in participating? I'm hoping
> to get a panel with a variety of employment types (self-employed,
> contractor, FTE), work styles (from home, from a telework office, part time
> at home part time at office), and roles (developer, supervisor, tech
> manager/exec, owner).
>
> If you'd like to participate, please let me know with a short bio/brief
> description your telecommuting experience. If you know someone else, please
> pass this on to them. In any case, thanks for listening and considering.
>
> Cheers.
>
> --
> Andrew Sterling Hanenkamp
> sterling at hanenkamp.com
> 785.370.4454

"When we are blindly obedient, we are like sheep." Simas Kudirka