[Kc] Threads/fork/Event-based programming oh my (anyevent/coro)

djgoku at gmail.com djgoku at gmail.com
Fri Nov 2 07:18:46 PDT 2012

On Nov 2, 2012, at 12:37 AM, Garrett Goebel <garrett.goebel at gmail.com> wrote:

> Questions...
>
> What is the expected range regarding the number of numbers to be sorted on each line?

Sorry this is just an example. The same basic parts will be present in my program.

> How many processors are available?

All depends. From 1-2 processors with 2-4 cores per core.

> What would serve as a primary key for database storage?

Line number in this example could serve as the primary key.

> If the number of numbers is small... you may want to look at using a quicksort. Otherwise merge sort.

This is just an example still of what I am wanting to do, not an actually example. I was trying to think of some sort of work that completed with a list of numbers.

One thing to add what I am looking for is to create something (class based) that has those configurable bits and I just override the worker function or provide the worker function and all the rest is executed by my class until everything is finished.

Jonathan Otsuka