[Kc] Object system

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 11:57:20 PDT 2011

so you're saying The Rock looks shocked because the passenger is using
neolithic instead of jet age tools, not because he thinks she's
talking about drug use?

What does Dave Rolsky get out of his project?

And why does it need to *replace the existing docs in core* instead of
*appear as an additional reference link* ? I'm pretty sure there are
already places in the core docs where it says, as it were, "Using
rocks is clumsy but works -- you can download a more comfortable
hammer here."

On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 12:52 PM, Sterling Hanenkamp
<sterling at hanenkamp.com> wrote:
> I'm not suggesting we remove explaining bless. I'm suggesting that in
> addition to showing someone pipe, we also explain useful pipe-related tools
> like cat, echo, tee, and xargs. It is a tutorial after all.
> There's been about 10 years worth of tools to help with bless since that
> document was written.

Also Stephen Clouse wrote

There was a wickedly long thread on p5p just recently:

http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.perl5.porters/2011/02/msg169627.html

which started with "why not just tell them to use
Moose/Class::Accessor/et al" which got immediately countered with "we
can't document something that isn't in core".

Which is a lot like saying "you should build a house with a hammer,
but here we will tell you how to do it by banging rocks together,
because we only ship rocks with Perl".