[Kc] July meeting summary

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 14:31:40 PDT 2009

Stephen C.'s presentation on Catalyst is compelling; I now (finally!)
understand what the three parts of MVC do. MVC is not The Big Deal that I
thought it was, rather it is a notational convention.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong:

V == View this is the part that displays responses, often done with Mason
C == Controller this is the part that Catalyst does, and it is concerned
with dispatching requested URIs to the correct methods and then loading data
into whatever calling convention is used to invoke the correct View and then
invoking it
M == Model how the data is stored.

The View never accesses the Model directly, getting all its instructions
from the Controller.

Catalyst is a tool for associating URI paths with perl methods.

--
"Then [Sneelock]'ll land in a fishbowl."