[Kc] JPerl for Android OS

David Nicol davidnicol at gmail.com
Fri Feb 13 10:11:29 PST 2009

there was "JPL" Java-Perl Lingo which was a way to embed Perl in Java,
I don't know if it has been maintained.

After looking at http://source.android.com/release-features it seems
likely that Perl might just build right using the Bionic libc, if you
can get out of the Dalvik VM.  Or maybe you can jump straight to perl
6 by implementing parrot for the
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalvik_virtual_machine

http://source.android.com/projects does not list "perl" but that might
be because (1) it already works or (2) it's within something else such
as "toolchain" instead of, nobody is working on it.

What happens if you get the development kit and attempt to compile Perl?

--
"I think I am a different person when I speak French." -- Jill Kaufman