[Kc] We Are Iron Man

brant williams brant at tnarb.net
Fri Apr 24 12:03:07 PDT 2009

I'm forever-trying to get myself to just sit and read "Learning Perl" in
its entirety, but keep getting bored or distracted.  A blog for likeminded
people (impatient?) may be helpful for new users that don't quite learn in
the same way as most others.

I recently asked a friend and collegue how he got into a language (Cobol;
sorry if that's supposed to be all-caps...).  He said that the trick was
to come up with things he wanted to do; projects, etc...

Does anyone else out there fall into this same kind of category?  I guess
that would be the one where you're already pretty smart when it comes to
technology and how it interoperates, but are simply too impatient to read
through 1077 pages (that's the length of my "Core Python Programming"
book).

...or is it just simple laziness on behalf of the learner?

After going back and re-reading the original message real quick, methinks
that this would fall under the "Ugly" category...

Blah...

brant williams
FCAA CDCA 20BC 3925 D634  F5C4 7420 6784 4DEB 6002