[Kc] Decoupling HTTP and interface

Kit Peters popefelix at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 12:08:04 PDT 2008

So I'm building a RESTful server in Perl to run under Apache2 and
mod_perl 2.  And it occurs to me that my favorite method of debugging,
perl -d, is not available in this setup, as all the Perl code is being
executed by Apache and mod_perl, which are setting up their own
environment that I can't duplicate easily.  So then it occurs to me
that the better thing to do would be to work out the behaviour outside
of Apache and mod_perl altogether.  I could then just make up GET
strings on the command line or whatever.  For Apache's part, I could
write my mod_perl handlers to call the subs from my text interface.

So, before I go reinventing the wheel, has anyone done this already?
Is there some code out there already that I can integrate into this
project?

KP

--
GPG public key fingerpint: 1A12 04B6 0C80 306A B292 14FD 2C7A 1037 F666 46A7