[Kc] Perceptions of perl

Jay Hannah jay at jays.net
Mon Mar 3 13:08:52 PST 2008

Emmanuel Mejias wrote:
> Oh my god! Are you kidding me?!?!? DAMN! I am in the wrong business!
> Time to start pickin your brains for some serious Perl knowledge!

Heh. I've always had a full-time job so I've never tried to make a large
chunk of my income via my intentionally-higher-than-a-full-time-gig rates.

If my full time job died tomorrow I suspect it would take a long time
and a lot of footwork to build up a large enough client base willing to
pay decent money for freelance work to pay the mortgage. I have no clue
how much total work I could drudge up.

A higher pay rate doesn't do squat if you can't drum up enough business.  :)

Stress levels vs. income volatility and potential...