[Kc] Andy Lester has offered to visit

Andrew Hanenkamp sterling at hanenkamp.com
Mon Apr 7 10:14:03 PDT 2008

Hey guys,

I was chatting with Andy Lester, main contributor to PerlBuzz.com and author
of WWW::Mechanize, ack, Module::Starter, and others you've probably heard of
or used. He's given talks at YAPC and OSCON as well. He's interested in
coming down and possibly giving a presentation to KC.pm. He'd be willing to
come for free since he's only 8-10 hours of driving away.

I was just curious what others would think, especially such a proposal
coming from a JAPH that's never attended a physical meeting. I'd probably
use this as an opportunity to become involved, despite the long distance
relationship (I live in Manhattan).

If the group is interested, I think he'd want a place to present slides, so
I'm not sure if the usual venue would work or not. He'd be likely to talk on
his latest interest, which is rethinking CPAN (though, I haven't asked).
This is a budding project intended at trying to redesign CPAN to more
readily answer questions like the recent DBIx::Class versus Class::DBI
question discussed last week on this list.

Cheers,
Sterling