[Kc] straw poll about job opening postings

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 19:31:14 PDT 2007

# from Andrew Moore
# on Monday 04 June 2007 11:18 am:

> I thought I would make a page on kc.pm.org
>directed at employers and recruiters. It would tell them to use
>jobs.perl.org or to email job descriptions to one of us to pass along
>to the group.

That sounds like a good idea.  In pdx.pm, we try to use the [job] tag in
the subject for those that are happily employed to be able to filter
it.

Last I looked at jobs.perl.org, it was fairly weak WRT filtering jobs by
state in the US.  If you're pointing them there, it's probably a good
thing for them to also send you the link so you can get the attention
of local mongers (since most employers will typically prefer that even
in a telecommute job.)

--Eric
--
Cult: A small, unpopular religion.