[Kc] December Meeting

Andrew Moore amoore at mooresystems.com
Wed Dec 12 14:15:11 PST 2007

On Wed, Dec 12, 2007 at 03:33:52PM -0600, John Reinke wrote:
> Is the location a central location for people who would normally attend? I'd
> prefer something closer to Overland Park if there are more potential
> attendees this direction.

Hi John - Thanks for delurking!

51st and Main is supposed to be a pretty easy to find spot in KCMO,
but you're not the first one to say that it's not in your everyday
travelling path. I'm sorry if my directions contributed to your
frustration.

We've gone around and around on the meeting spot, and maybe it's time
to revisit that topic. Perhaps the membership has changed a bit, and
perhaps Planet Sub isn't that great now that they don't serve beer,
Main street is different (closed or "rerouted") now through the plaza,
so it's not that easy to find from the North.

Do you have a good suggestion for some place more near Overland Park?

How about the Barley's at Midland and 435? (that's sort of like 75th
and 435 to us Missourians.) They have free wifi, a meeting room with a
projector screen that they'll let us use, beer on tap, underage folks
are allowed in, and they have pretty good food, though it may be a bit
more expensive than Planet Sub.

If we were to have one meeting there in January or the spring, would
any of you be more or less likely to attend?

-Andy