[Kc] Interactive Login in Perl

Garrett Goebel ggoebel at goebel.ws
Mon Jul 17 09:20:08 PDT 2006

On Jul 15, 2006, at 10:56 PM, Dan Hull wrote:

> I am trying to write some perl scripts which will be run from Cron
> which require interactive ssh or regular unix login.  Can someone
> point me in the right direction to accomplish this.

require interactive ssh?

You mean setting up "login-less" public key authentication is not an
option? A google search on "openssh public key authentication" will
turn up documentation like the following:
     http://cfm.gs.washington.edu/security/ssh/client-pkauth/

FYI: Net::SSH won't help with interactive logins. Using pre-
configured RSA or DSA keys is a prerequisite. It's in the Net::SSH
docs in the FAQ:
     http://search.cpan.org/dist/Net-SSH/
SSH.pm#FREQUENTLY_ASKED_QUESTIONS

regular unix login?

If by that you mean execute something locally using different
credentials... you might try:
     http://search.cpan.org/dist/Sudo/lib/Sudo.pm

I've never used it. But it might do what you need.

cheers,

Garrett