[Kc] Executing third party tools using CGI/Perl

user perl user.perl at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 18:25:59 PST 2006

No, they are real filenames. Let me explain what I'm writing this CGI script
for. I'm taking an input file and making it into a format that is suitable
for running svm_classify on it. So, I parse the given file and store the
formatted data in "input-file.dat". I already have a model file called "
model-file.dat". Now, "svm_classify" takes these two files as inputs and
generates the output file whose name I have to provide as the third
argument, (say) output-file.dat. How do I execute svm_classify now? By the
way, I'm writing this script on a file server, so do I have to give the
actual path which is something like "/.automount/..." instead of "/home/..."
?

Thanks,
MP.