[Kc] return vs newline

JYOUNG79 at kc.rr.com JYOUNG79 at kc.rr.com
Fri Dec 8 07:52:45 PST 2006

Andy, thanks for bringing up "$INPUT_RECORD_SEPARATOR".  That was the
answer I needed.  I started looking at the perldoc info and found that
if I change the newline to a carriage return like so:

right before my while loop (while (<>) {... ) then it works perfectly
with my file now!  I'm assuming that once the code is finished running
that the input record separator switches back to it's default (\n)?

Thanks again for your help on this.  It's running great now!

Jay