[Kc] I'd apply for this but hey -- I already work here

David Nicol davidnico at cpan.org
Tue Dec 20 11:50:09 PST 2005

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tim <td at oddpost.com>
Date: Dec 20, 2005 1:43 PM
Subject: [vxml] VXML Job(s)
To: vxml at yahoogroups.com

We are a LOCAL Kansas City start-up, looking for additional talent
to join our team.  Currently the company has 16 team members and
focuses on Voice XML and Java development, CTI (Computer Telephony
Integration), VoIP (Voice over IP) and call center software
implementations.

Our mission is to build the most functional, user-friendly, scalable
and robust voice applications in the world.  We have several
existing clients and projects.  If you love a challenge, truly enjoy
coding, and relish the opportunity to work with a bunch of smart
people who share these values with you and have an obsession with
building great software and providing world-class customer service
then send us your resume.

*** We are highly interested in those who have user interface design
skills, cognitive psychology skills and/or linguistics skills.

DESIRED SKILLS:

1.) Java programming experience

2.) Knowledge and experience with one or more of the following:

    - Voice XML

    - Java SWT/ Eclipse and User Interface design using Java and
Eclipse

    - Speech Recognition (ASR: Nuance, Scansoft, Speechworks, or
ViaVoice)

    - CTI (Genesys, Nortel-Symposium, Avaya)

    - IVR (InterVoice, Nortel, Avaya Conversant, Edify, etc.)

    - UML Modeling Tools (Enterprise Architect or Rational Rose)

    - Extreme Programming & Iterative Development methodologies

    - UNIX/Linux

    - Web server based development (Weblogic, WebSphere, Apache,
iPLanet)

    - DBMS (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, Informix, MySQL)

3.) A technical degree or significant experience (We value
experience over academic or certification credentials.)

4.) Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills

5.) Good troubleshooting, problem solving and analytical skills. The
ability to be a self-starter.

6.) Knowledge & experience in C, C++, Perl, Unix Scripting and/or
Visual Basic

7.) Socket and network programming experience

8.) Telecommunication and networking experience

WE ARE LOOKING FOR HACKERS IN THE STEVEN LEVY SENSE - GREAT
DEVELOPERS WHO WOULD RATHER WRITE A JAVA INTERFACE FOR THEIR TiVo OR
UNIVERSAL REMOTE THAN WATCH TV 8^)

This is a FULL-TIME position, WITH BENEFITS, with a growing
company.

Some travel may be required (up to 25%).

The partners and management at this firm are coders and engineers
themselves.  Why work for someone who knows nothing about software
development and takes all the credit for your talent, when you can
work with professionals who are masters in their craft and know and
understand the process of building great software and how to have
fun doing it?

We are not a contracting agency or head-hunting firm.  We are a
professional software engineering firm specializing in voice
applications, IVR, VoIP, CTI and call center solutions.  We are
offering a full-time opportunity with health benefits, paid
vacations and holidays and flexible schedule.

Job location is Kansas City, Missouri
Please respond to info at mindtrustllc.com

http://us.click.yahoo.com/KIlPFB/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/26EolB/TM

David L Nicol
Close only counts in horseshoes, and other
well-defined situations, such as financial projection.