[Kc] Hello - New to the list

Bryan Richard bryan at booknerd.net
Wed Jan 28 14:45:17 CST 2004

Hi Garrett,

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 08:11:35AM -0600, Garrett Goebel wrote:
> > Garrett or anyone else - Anything I left out?
>
> We've got about 10 regulars of which around 6 give or take a head tend to
> show up at the monthly meetings. Meetings tend to have at least one perl
> related presentation and usually a book review or two.
>
> We could definitely use organization skills where ever you'd care to lend
> them. Attracting new people, fishing for people willing to give
> presentations, presentation topics we interested in, mailing list
> management, web site, etc. At one time Andy was playing around with putting
> Moveable Type out on the website. And I was trying to get a wiki installed.
> I think it would be great to have forums and/or a wiki out there. And
> certainly there are things I'm not aware of that we should probably be
> doing.

Sounds good. 10 is a pretty good number. I've been to UGs in LA with
fewer people in attendance.

I could probably be of some assistance in dredging up new people or
generally promoting the group to local companies or
universities. However, I don't know much about the tech scene in KC or
the surrounding areas. Does anyone know of any large companies that are
using Perl? Sprint? Cerner?

What are the major tech companies in KC, anyway?

Is the next meeting the 10th?

Thanks,

- Bryan