[Kc] Hello - New to the list

Bryan Richard bryan at booknerd.net
Tue Jan 27 17:36:29 CST 2004

Hi Andy,

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 11:57:57AM -0600, amoore at mooresystems.com wrote:
> Hi Bryan - welcome to town!

Thanks.

> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:38:57PM -0500, Bryan Richard wrote:
> We do still meet (as far as I know), but I don't think we did in
> December because of holidays. I guess I just forgot about January. (Did
> anyone get together?)
>
> It sounds like you have already found http://kc.pm.org/ which gives a
> few useful details and such.
>
> > I'm the conference director for Linux Magazine and I'd be happy to help
> > out organizing things if anything needs to be done.
>
> As you can see, we're pretty casual about things, so you are certainly
> welcome to help out wherever you feel comfortable. Speak up on the list
> if you want, and I hope to see you 2 weeks from today for the February
> meeting at Planet Sub.

Sure I can probably make it up (I'm down Olathe way).

> Be careful about offering to help, you just may
> get put to work!

No problem. I'm pretty flexible, just let me know. I know a lot of
speakers but now that I'm in flyover country I don't know how strong of
an asset that is anymore. ;-)

How are things generally for Perl developers in Kansas City? I certainly
don't see many tech conferences coming to town.

Thanks,

- Bryan