[Kc] FW: Perl Quiz-of-the-Week #17 (hangman)

Doug Ledbetter dougl at dougledbetter.org
Wed Aug 11 17:30:56 CDT 2004

At 02:51 PM 8/11/2004, you wrote:
>I wouldn't be to concerned about it, he may still have the geekness in
>him but he has to find a project he's interested in.  It's tough to see
>how writing simple code will blossom into a game.  Have you shown him
>any MUDs or text interface games.  Maybe showing him something like that
>would peak interest in the code more and show how the basics of
>programming come into play.  After all MMORPGs find their roots in text
>based games.  Also it is something he might be able to get in and tinker
>with more and see immediate results.

That could be.

He has played a text-based Zork clone and he's attempting to write his own
text-based adventure (from scratch) with LOTR themes.  I'm thinking that is
a rather large project to take on at this point.  We'll see.

-dougl

Doug Ledbetter -- Hagen Software, Inc.
dougl at dougledbetter.org
My PGP Public Key: http://dougledbetter.org/public_key.html