[Kc] FW: Perl Quiz-of-the-Week #17 (hangman)

Scott Kahler scottk at uclick.com
Wed Aug 11 14:51:05 CDT 2004

I wouldn't be to concerned about it, he may still have the geekness in
him but he has to find a project he's interested in.  It's tough to see
how writing simple code will blossom into a game.  Have you shown him
any MUDs or text interface games.  Maybe showing him something like that
would peak interest in the code more and show how the basics of
programming come into play.  After all MMORPGs find their roots in text
based games.  Also it is something he might be able to get in and tinker
with more and see immediate results.