[Kc] Next months presentation... which topic?

D. Hageman dhageman at dracken.com
Fri Mar 21 11:14:15 CST 2003

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Doug Sparling wrote:
> Quoting Garrett Goebel <garrett at scriptpro.com>:
>
> > Which would people rather hear about next month:
> >
> > o  Apache mod_perl
> > o  Regular Expressions
> > o  your suggestion here
>
> Another suggestion...Perl/XML.
>
> I've only used XML::Parser, XML::RSS and XML::DOM, but I know there's a lot more out there. I just picked up the New Riders _XML and Perl_ book and it looks promising (more so than the O'Reilly book).

I have played with quite a few of the XML modules on CPAN, but keep
comming back to XML::LibXML.  It seems to be the fastest and most full
featured.  In some ways, it is in a state of disrepair in its current form
using the most recent C versions of the libxml2 library -- but that is
being resolved quickly.  The CVS tree for this module already has many
fixes for these issues already in place and it should be back up to par
shortly.  I have two modules on CPAN currently that use this module:
TEI::Lite and XML::XForms::Generator.

XML is definately some neat technology if it isn't abused.

--
||  D. Hageman                    <dhageman at dracken.com>  ||